Why is Rome such an interesting place to live?
We began our Rome topic with creating bunting to look like the Italian flag. Have a look at our display section to see our fantastic work.
TRADITIONAL ITALIAN FOOD
As part of our 'Wow' for our topic we took part in a food tasting session. We got the opportunity to try traditional Italian foods such as pizza, salami, olives and pasta.
Why were the Romans so powerful?
And what can we learn from them?
This term we will be finding out all about the Romans. We have been exploring artefacts. We have tried to answer the following questions:
What do you think it is?
How is it used?
Who would use it?
What is it made from?
GEOGRAPHY THEMED DAY
On Thursday 21st September we had a Geography themed day. Here are some of the skills were developing.
* We were using maps to identify which countries make up the United Kingdom, Great Britain and the British Isles.
* We used the atlas to locate the capital cities for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. We also wrote down the grid references for the capital cities.
* We used the atlas to locate different Roman towns and we then did our own research all about Chester. (This will help us on our Roman topic in History).
* We used digi map to help us become familiar with the city of Chester and we used 4digit grid reference to locate different places on the map.
* We also spent some time finding out about the European Union and what Brexit means.
We can't wait for the next themed day in Spring.